Tuesday 9 April 2013

National Poetry Writng Month: napowrimo (USA)

I've just joined napowrimo.net.  It's a bit late in the month, I know. But there you go. Now I have to write a poem, lots of poems. I need a poem for today. Convergent influences are the sun, cold wind, lambs, Tab2 tablet computer, photographs, Meredith's first birthday, Facebook, Twitter ... and the double glazing salesman.

A poem for today

Look what the wind blew in!
After weeks of leaking doors.
"All well?" The doors
Leak, the wind
Cuts across the room like
A knife and it has been
Blowing from the North
For a month.
"Oh dear!" says the
Double Glazing Salesman.
He said that last time too. He
Spends the time, adjusts
The screws, assures me
All is well and at the door,
Turning, says, "You need fascia
And soffit boards, I see, and
Gutters." Always such a friend.
Always something new to sell.
 Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment