Friday 19 April 2013

Rewrite: Day 40. Action. Intention. Reveal.

I went into town first thing to the Town Library, returned four books and borrowed three and last night, at the poetry reading, I bought two books so now I have five new books in the house vying for attention. The two poetry books are:
The library books are:
And so to work.
I have been reworking the chapter list of the novel in the sense that I have been annotating it under the following categories: Action, Intention, Outcome and Reveal.
Action is fairly straightforward although it is frustrating how often I am still confused about what happens in a particular chapter.
Intention refers to the protagonist, Broderick Arnold and what he intends to get out of the situation.
It is surprising, or maybe not, how often the Outcome is other than the expected and contrary to the Protagonist's intention.
Under Reveal, I note what kind of revelation is given in the chapter. It may be obvious. It may be a surprise.
Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment