Wednesday 3 April 2013

Rewrite: Day 24. Tomorrow is going to work out just fine.

It's been a bitty kind of a day. I have driven into town three times for one reason or another, all legitimate and in some sense necessary, but it does nothing for your writing. I did my 750 words before lunch and I played around with the structure of Part One after lunch and I did another 1000+ words before tea but it all adds up to nothing very much, random shots like fireworks on a dark night.
I have to confess, I went back to Chapter One. It's been bugging me. It was so obviously wrong, looking back from the elevation of Chapter Eleven. I banged it on the head and relabelled Chapter Three as Chapter One. Don't ask what happened to Chapter Two. I've sent out a search party.
But I have a good feeling about the novel. I am sure it is going to get better. I feel I know where this is going now, and how it's going to get there. 
I have just deleted the words 'I may be wrong'.
End positive. Tomorrow, it's going to work out just fine.
Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment