Tuesday 9 April 2013

Rewrite: Day 30. Keep writing.

Day 30. That feels significant.
I'm a third of my way through my 90 days. I'm still labouring under the cosh with a vicious cold and, although my mind is sharper today than it has been for the past few days but there's a limit to how much brain time I can do.

I was a bit drowsy and slow to get going but I had a good session. I'm still fiddling with Chapter One but I think I will still be fiddling with Chapter One when I've finished. Chapter One is evolving with the rest of the book. I added a section and I'm pleased with it. I was thinking about it during the night.

I have already written this once but then the computer crashed and I lost it all apart from the first paragraph. It's late. I don't want to write it all again. I want to go and watch Later with Jules Holland on the TV downstairs.

Essentially, after a good session in the morning, I wrote a poem in the afternoon and I did my 750 words. Not bad. I've lost time over these past few days and I need to make it up.

Neil Gaiman gave this advice:
WRITE. FINISH SOMETHING. KEEP WRITING.

I wrote. I finished something. I will keep writing.

Some thoughts on Writing: Neil Gaiman (scroll down to the bottom of the post)
A poem for today: Look what the wind blew in: Phil Colbourn
Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment