Thursday 11 April 2013

Rewrite: Day 32. Slow progress.

Up in the night again with coughs and colds and, subsequently, a late start, so not much progress today unfortunately. If this goes on much longer the situation will go critical. I fiddled with Chapter 14 and changed a few words. Chapter 14 now stands at 1000+ words and needs more. I am working to a chapter length of 3000 words or there abouts. I uploaded a more or less complete chapter into Chapter 15 so that was a quick achievement. Something else I learnt today was that 'hoist with (not on or by) his own petard' comes from Hamlet and my protagonist found himself in a Hamlet kind of situation at the beginning of Chapter 14, wishing he wasn't there.

Today, I subscribed to The North, a poetry magazine and found a poetry competition that looks 'real cool', closing date 30th April. Worth a shot at. The contributing poets all act as judges. And I spent a profitable couple of hours this afternoon at the National Library doing some reading on social and cultural memory as a means of transmitting knowledge of and maintaining connection with the past. Really interesting. I hope to follow it up with another visit next week.

Learn more about Petard at Wikipedia
Poetry magazine The North from The Poetry Business
Poetry competition at Poetic Republic
I spent the afternoon at the National Library of Wales
Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment