Wednesday 17 April 2013

Rewrite: Day 38. Putting myself under pressure.

Today I went to the National Library of Wales (NLW) to pursue my research into Memory, Mind and Identity. I had not realised it was such a major topic. There's loads of stuff out there! (-'in there', as regards the NLW). You would think, as I wrote earlier in my daily 750 words effort:
A day spent at the library *should be* one of the most therapeutic experiences one could imagine  
I put myself under pressure.
I rush to catch the bus already goading myself with the thought that I should have caught the earlier bus and that time is already, has already, slipped away. The bus is delayed by roadworks and I fret at the minutes lost.  
I tell myself to slow down, but:
Once in the library, I hasten to the Reading Room. My books! Give me my books! I don't actually say that but I might as well have.
My books! My books! Give me my books! It could be my epitaph. I have not yet 'put pen to paper' today or done any work on the novel. 
Slow down. Breathe. Give yourself a break.

Writers Workshop have opened booking for the York Festival of Writing
How can I squeeze £525 out of zero earned income?
Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment