Monday 15 April 2013

Rewrite: Day 35. The Storyline.

I've been watching the US Masters' golf from Augusta, Georgia, live on tv. Earlier, I watched the highlights of the Formula One GP from Shanghai. I have had an evening of television, starting with Songs of Praise.This turned out to be a school choir competition and, quite by chance, one of the choirs was Tonbridge (Girls) Grammar School, my sister Alma Mater, if that's not a confusion of terms; I went to The Judd School which is the Tonbridge Boys Grammar School. The girls won through to the final next week. Well done!

I watched a re-run of CSI: NYon 5USA and a Time Team repeat on More4. This is serious research. In CSI: NY I am studying the portrayal of Mack Taylor as the protagonist and the plot dynamics while Time Team is research into how to tell the archaeology story. I'll claim it against tax.

I did do some work. I edited Chapter 16 down from 6000 words to 3600 words and I have been searching out the storyline. Storyline is similar to plot but I think storyline is more fluid and organic. It is the story that wants to be told. This month, I want to rework Chapters 1-15 and compile Chapters 16 onwards, trying to draw out the storyline as I go.

US Masters Golf- Adam Scott wins on a play off!
Formula One - Alonso wins in China.
Songs of Praise - Senior School Choir Semi-Final.
Tonbridge Grammar School - (for girls).
The Judd School - Obviously the best.
CSI: NY - Wikipedia listing of episodes.
Time Team - Many episodes are available to watch on 4oD
Storyline: Wikipedia distinguishes plot, narrative and narrative thread.
Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment