Sunday 14 April 2013

Rewrite: Day 34. Chapter One.

Up bright and early this morning to catch the sun before the rain came. I watched the Formula One qualifying session live from Shanghai on tv over breakfast then I took the dog out for a good long walk in the woods. There was sun and bird song and I discovered that the larches had already started to turn green. I looked for larch flowers but found I was too late. They had moved on and were developing into baby fir cones. 
I bought the Saturday paper from the shop on the way home and, once home, I made myself some coffee and set to work to rewrite Chapter One. 

I have this obsession with Chapter One. 

After my thorough analysis of Chapters 1-15 yesterday, I had a clear idea of what I needed from Chapter One and I was keen to try it out. It worked pretty well, I think, and I was pleased. I wrote 1000-1300 words before lunch and another 1200 in the afternoon but, when I went back for a third session, I had nothing left. To finish off the day, I compiled Chapter Sixteen from an earlier draft.  

I spent the evening watching Masters' golf from Augusta.
Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment